Pages

Subscribe

Monday, February 15, 2010

Rihanna performs ‘Rude Boy’ on Ellen

Yeeeessss!  Finally some stage presence!  I think this is probably my favorite song of hers and I’m so glad she made it a single.  I absolutely love the video.  It was directed by Melina. Who also directed Solange’s “I Decided” and MIA’s “Boyz.”  Solange is a bit salty about the likeness of the two videos.  I say get over it… “I Decided” is more of a 60’s Motown feel, while “Rude Boy” is more dancehall/90’s.  Don’t let me convince you though… you be the judge:

 

1 comments:

Megan C. said...

Well there are definitely similarities in the 2 videos, and since you pointed out that they were both directed by the same person-- then its clear why..

But its kinda funny that Rhianna's dress in the beginning, is like the modern version of Solange's.. just a simple observation..

Great blog Danica..

Post a Comment